Thursday, June 29, 2017

Courage & Art By Jackie

So much time has passed since I last blogged. I never did seek Vivian (see previous post). My gut told me it wasn't the thing I needed to do. Instead, shortly after my last post (February 2016), I graduated from working in an art journal to working on canvas. And less than a month after that, I began selling reproductions of my art. By April 2016, I applied for a business license and officially launched Courage & Art by Jackie.

Life these past 16 months has been a whirlwind to say the least. I joined a very large community of artists on Facebook and have made beautiful connections with artists all over the world. Through one of those connections, I was invited to be a teacher in an collaborative online art course, The Art of Sisterhood. Filming that lesson was one of the most surreal experiences of my life. Then after it aired, to see the students' work they produced from my lesson was a whole other level of surreal. The best part is that later in the year, there will be an in-person workshop based on the e-course and once again, I will get to be a teacher. Nervous doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about it.

I also launched a Courage and Art Etsy shop after Christmas 2016. I've been quite pleased with my sales in such a short time.

Overall, I am blessed with love, peace, joy, and light. I lack for nothing. I continue to be grateful for everything...and Courage is still my favorite word.

If you are interested in learning and seeing more, you can follow me on Facebook or find me on Instagram as @courageartjackie.

Here is a little peek at some of my most recent work...

Take care and remember...keep being brave ❤














2 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely artwork, Jackie. Congratulations!! I've already visited your Etsy site and am trying to narrow down my choices ;)

    Hope you are well, dear one.

    Let's catch up soon.

    With heart,
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, dear, sweet Dani. Your note made me smile so big. Thank you so much for your kind words. I've thought of you so many times and have wondered how motherhood has treated you. I'm sure it is even more than you dreamed it would be. Big, huge hugs!!! (I'd love to catch up!!)

      Love,
      Jackie

      Delete

Hello Dear Reader:

If you comment, I will buy you a cookie. Not really. But we can both pretend I gave you one. To get you started...what's your favorite kind of cookie? Mine is chocolate chip. I especially crave them when I'm PMS'ing.